Membership in CPS is open to anyone with an interest in and a passion for photography as a hobby, an avocation or a vocation.
CPS welcomes photographers of all skill levels - beginner, amateur, advanced amateur and professional. CPS believes in education and one of the best benefits of being part of CPS is the wealth of knowledge that members have and share about photography. Our members include accomplished, award-winning photographers who love to share their interests and experience.
CPS does not specialize in any specific genre of photography, instead encouraging members to explore everything from the more traditional Nature and Pictorial categories to Creative, People and Portraiture, Fine Arts, Architectural, Macro / Close-Up, Photojournalism and Digital techniques, to name but a few.
- The ability to enter images in our regular photo competitions - learn and grow by receiving objective feedback on your images
- Access to workshops and field trips not open to the general public
- A chance to participate in member exhibitions in a variety of local venues
- The opportunity to participate in our Mentor program - one-on-one or small group assistance from seasoned CPS members to help you advance in your photography*
- A chance to participate in our Special Interest Groups (SIGs) - monthly discussion and learning groups for Canon, Nikon and Sony camera owners*
- Access to display your work on the CPS Flickr site
- Access to the CPS Google Group to ask questions and participate in member forums
- First access to our quarterly newsletter, The Darkroom Door
And, COMING SOON, access to members-only website content!
Above all, you get to share your love of photography with other photographers!!
* PLEASE NOTE: The Mentor program and SIGs are designed for intermediate photographers who are already familiar with the basics. Graduation from the CPS Fundamentals of Good Photography class or equivalent experience is required in order to participate.
Annual dues are as follows:
- Individual members: $54
- Couples: $81
- Families (couple + one or more children): $117
- Junior members (under 18): $36
- Distance members (for those who live over 100 miles away): $36
Now there are two ways to become a CPS member!:
1. Download our membership application and register by mail:
Click here to download our Application Form.
2. Register NOW, using our secure PayPal link:
Click here to download our By-Laws and Amended Articles of Incorporation.